Moving Into The Future, Together
Farmers Union Cooperative proudly serves more than 1,500 members and 5,500-plus customers. It is our goal every day to adapt and grow to meet the growing needs of our patrons and customers. And we’ve done so through new technology, expanded scope, and added expertise.
Going forward, we will continue to invest in our employees and new technologies to better support our patrons and streamline our capabilities and service. Farmers Union truly reflects the cooperative spirit of working together, and we’ve done so for more than a century. This philosophy will hold true well into the next century as well!
A History of Service
Our service sets us apart. If we say we will be there, then we will be there with a smile. The smile is free of charge whether that’s at noon or midnight.
We have served our patrons for more than 110 years, dating back to 1911. Here’s a bit of our history:
- Union Produce established, handling grain, produce and livestock.
- Farmers Union Cooperative created after Union Produce merges with Farmers Cooperative Produce Company in 2009.
- Farmers Union Cooperative complete a merger with Postville Farmers Cooperative Society in 2016.
These mergers have allowed Farmers Union Cooperative to grow our scope from handling grain and agronomy, to adding feed, energy and lawncare. These are all services that have proved beneficial to our patrons and communities.
Farmers Union only exists because of our members, and our cooperative supports them in their drive for success, longevity, and growth in the agricultural industry. As a result, we continually strive to be:
- Known for our service to our patrons and their needs in the ever-changing landscape that is agriculture.
- Their first call for the services they need to succeed.
- Respectful, service-oriented, and leaders of innovative change in our communities.